Dienstag, 25. Dezember 2018

Maligayang Pasko!

It was a long time. No excuses for not writing. I was busy with my new field of work, and I was sick for a long time.

Unexpected things happened.  Herr Fester passed away last year, and I lost contact with his wife, Frau Fester, for reasons I could not control. She is always in my heart, and I will always be thankful of all her support to me.

Margie`s sponsor Mrs. C. Klingler from Crailsheim woke me up from a long pause. She still cares for Margie Nacor, her sponsor child. On Christmas, she sends Margie a Christmas Gift, a cash amount which is badly needed especially on this time of the year. Margie did not continue her college education due to family problems. She is taking care of her sick mother.

Mrs. Klingler reminded me that there still should be space for sending help, to letting other people know that we are still here. I was so occupied with recuperating from illness, and yes, filled with bad moods and self-pity, that I was procrastinating things. I thought I have done and spent enough for others. This child-help project demanded a lot of energy and money from me, and sometimes, I was thinking, there should be no more further step to make.

But Margie Nacor is still struggling. Without a College Diploma, she would not be able to uplift herself from poverty. She have to help herself first before she could support her family.

What to do next? I asked Margie to talk with her family. I want to pull her out of that remote area in Quirangay. I want to send her to College in San Fernando, La Union, so she could finish her studies.

She said she would talk to her father. The answer is yet to come.

Thank you, Family Klingler of Crailsheim. Thank you for your kindness and understanding.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!