Samstag, 18. Februar 2012

Visiting the Fam. Fester in Crailsheim

Sitting inside an Intercity Express bound  to Hamburg, am reminiscing the time I spent with Thomas in Heidelberg in 1997. I met Fam. Fester when I was studying Nursing at the University Clinic of  Heidelberg. Thomas was then a dying patient. For the first time in my life, I was confronted with death and I realized how precious living was and is.

Thomas was my "Examination Patient", three days after my successful Nursing Examinations, he died of a heart failure. The friendship lives through his parents, Waldemar und Helga, who fulfilled Thomas' invitation for me to visit his home city Crailsheim.

Today, I will be visiting Crailsheim. I will be seeing Fam. Fester again, whose support made possible the success of my child-help project in the Philippines. I will be visiting Thomas in his grave and will tell him how far the friendship has gone and is going.

Thomas lives in my heart. Thank you, dear Thomas!